Team Superstore is just about recovering from our cosmic Glastonbury weekend where we had the privilege of DJing in the Downlow Radio room on the Saturday night. In a special back-to-back situation we threw together Josh Caffe & The Lovely Jonjo, Dan Beaumont & Hannah Holland, Cormac & Mikki Most, plus a special warmup from the wonderful Squeaky.
Five downlow moments down in the Downlow
1. Josh Caffe teaching Kate Moss to vogue backstage and trying to persuade her to take to the main floor.
2. Maude Adams and All Those Children performing MacArthur Park – especially sir Luke of Howard’s show-stealing entrance.
3. Maceos… Backstage you would mostly find us in the crew bar, where the disco-in-a-shipping-container continues for 24 hours a day throughout the festival. Fatboy Slim’s surprise 6pm set made the place resemble DC-10. Gene Hunt and Robert Owens back-to-back was something else.
4. Grizzle. Superstore’s favourite showbiz duo (John Sizzle and A Man To Pet to their house mothers) were always ready with a look and a routine.
5. Kerri Chandler DJing in the Downlow – while simultaneously playing a piano. Serious house business. When he started teasing in the riff from Marshall Jefferson’s Move Your Body the entire dancefloor definitely had a ‘moment’.
We would like to say a special thank you to Steve, Gideon and the Block9 team for having the vision to create such an amazing environment, and for allowing us to join them in the adventure.
If you ever feel the need to get back in the field then we recommend tuning into the Downlow Radio.
Read full article
Powered by Facebook Comments
Tags: Block 9, Dalston Superstore, Downlow Radio, Gene Hunt, Glastonbury, Grizzle, Josh Caffe, Kate Moss, Kerri Chandler, Luke Howard, MacArthur Park, Maceos, Maude Adams and All Those Children, Robert Owens, The Downlow