We can’t wait for notorious rave institution DISCOSODOMA to return to the mothership with an almighty bang this February, as they welcome Iranian-born San Franciscan party maestro Mozhgan to the lazer basement! As the DJ and promoter behind We Are Monsters, she has seen a meteoric rise to success, with sets at Honey Soundsystem and Sunset Sound System catapulting her to play at Berlin’s Panorama Bar, NYC’s Output, Burning Man’s Disco Knights and beyond. The Discosodoma crew caught up to quiz her on her top tips for successful raving ahead of Saturday’s Discosodoma Loves We Are Monsters.
1. Drink water! Hydration is key.
2. Wear comfortable shoes.
3. Pace yourself. Slow and steady wins the race…
4. Deodorant, chap-stick, mints or toothbrush and toothpaste can rejuvenate you when you’re feeling not so fresh.
6. No parking on the dance floor
7. Put your phone away
8. Sharing is caring
9. Sunglasses – you never know what time you’re going to leave the party, these can be essential when facing the outside world.
10. Have a good rave buddy – someone that will have your back in case things get a little bit too wild…
Catch Mozhgan at Discosodoma this Saturday 10 February from 9pm-4am at Dalston Superstore!