This Pride our favourite happy-go-lucky rave situation HOMODROP is taking you out of the commercial noise of central London and queering Pride with an underground, sweaty rave situation! They've roped in a line-up of LGBTQ+ Nightlife trailblazers including Iranian vibe wizard Kasra V!
To get you in the mood for Pride, we thought we'd ask HOMODROP Promoter Cheriii for their top ten Pride Anthems! Honestly huns, this track list is going to get you ready for a big old messy Pride weekend! Slay!
We have to start with the classics! LGBTQ+ History is so intertwined with music and club culture! It's so important to know where we came came from!
1. Patrick Cowley - Journey Home They were a Pioneer of electronic music in the 70' in San Francisco! Patrick Cowley was and one of the first artists that died during the AIDS crisis in November 1982 at only 32 years old!
2. Gloria Gaynor - I will survive No words except this is my hymn of happiness!
3. Donna Summer - I feel love Obviously, Donna is here. This track is timeless and the best to end a dj set after a long night dancing.
4. George Michael - Freedom George Michael is the father of our queer generation, the ultimate icon.
The next two are groundbreaking Berlin based Queer Artists. I also have a big crush on them both!
5. Mikey - Paths A queer Artist to know, to follow and to love. So talented and actually was a regular at Superstore before moving to Berlin.
6. Lotic - Hunted One word... TALENT.
Here are some of my favourite contemporary artists that have influenced my experience of LGBTQ+ Culture.
7. The Knife - Pass this on Loooove this track! I can listen to it on repeat for hours! Everyone must have danced to it alone on their room infront of a mirror. Or maybe that is just me?
8. ANOHNI - Marrow Its so hard to choose just one track because the full album, Hopelessness, is just insane. It was the first album that ANOHNI released as a trans women. It is emotive, poignant and very political.
9. Vive la fête - Noir Desir Being French, I had to put this band in. This song is the song I danced to when I first came out. As did many people from my age.
Finally of course...
10. RuPaul - Sissy that walk Whilst I don't agree with everything RuPaul has said, it's astounding what he has created in the last few years. To have created a platform to showcase the creativity of Drag and LGBTQ+ people more broadly is important. And more importantly, for young LGBTQ+ people to see themselves on a mainstream TV show is definitely a positive. SO, now Sissy that walk.
Catch Cheriii at HOMODROP this Pride Saturday at Dalston Superstore 9pm-4am
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.